We are a community of family, friends, colleagues and associates. Located in the heart of Cayuga Heights in Ithaca, NY, we have a rich tradition that dates back as far as 1900. The clubhouse, golf course and recreation center are among the very best in Central New York. We offer a prestigious yet welcoming environment for our members and guests that visit.
The Country Club of Ithaca was founded in March of 1900 by a group of leading Ithaca businessmen and distinguished professors at Cornell University. The first Country Club President, W.D. Bancroft, a professor from Cornell University, wanted a country club similar to the ones that were being built at the time in Corning and Elmira. Professor Bancroft and the founding members were able to rent land from Cornell and build a clubhouse and 9-hole golf course on what is now Wyckoff Avenue.
During the first half of the 1900s the clubhouse and golf course changed locations several times in the Cayuga Heights area, moving from Wyckoff Avenue to Highland. In the 1920s the club moved again to Triphammer and Jessup Roads and built an 18-hole course. In 1958, the club sold some of its land to Cornell University and built a new clubhouse, swimming pool, and the present day golf course that was designed by Geoffery Cornish, who was one of the premier designers of the time. For additional recreation, tennis courts were added in the 1970's.
Many prominent people have either played or have been members at the club. What has enabled the Country Club of Ithaca to flourish as well as it has for over 100 years is the make-up of the membership. Through good times or bad the club has always had something to provide to its members; whether it is with it's many golf leagues, tournaments, junior programs or social events, the Country Club of Ithaca has something to offer to everyone.
Country Club of Ithaca I189 Pleasant Grove RdIIthaca, NY 14850I 607-257-0010